Your Coach in the Boardroom
Unlock exceptional board performance with specialised boardroom coaching, boardroom mentoring and competency building from Boardvisory
THE REALITY OF BEING A NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- A board of directors is ultimately a leadership team whose effectiveness, culture and modes of operation can cause an organisation to struggle, survive, or thrive.
- The boardroom of the future demands an evolving set of skills and behaviours from a highly competent, eco-centric, as opposed to ego-centric board.
- The new world brings with it new variables and considerations, including diversity, equality & inclusion (DE&I); data privacy; shareholder activism; cybersecurity; ESG (environmental, social, and governance) factors, digitisation, intellectual property; machine learning; and Artificial Intelligence.
- Each board director’s character, life experience, biases, beliefs, emotional intelligence, and cultural sensitivities are additional elements at play in the boardroom.
- A dysfunctional board and negligent, incompetent directors can prejudice an organisations’ performance.
- A high-performing board inevitably leads to ethical and effective decision-making in the organisation.
Understanding which competencies are needed for the Boardroom and how to use them effectively in the Boardroom is critical to your development as a Board Director.
What competent Board Directors are able to do is, effectively integrate their functional competencies with their personal competencies in decision-making in the Boardroom.
THE SOLUTION UNLOCK EXCEPTIONAL BOARD PERFORMANCE
Through hands-on consulting, coaching, mentoring and training, Boardvisory helps aspirant and established board directors cultivate the mindsets and competencies needed to unlock exceptional board performance.
- Courageous conversations
- Enhanced functional competencies
- The right mindset
- Elevated interpersonal skills
- Effective decision making
Boardvisory’s niche framework has been designed by experienced board directors, who have in-depth knowledge of the unique demands of board directors’ duties and relationships. This is how we are able to create transformative value for boards and stakeholders.
Contact Boardvisory today to improve board performance – across the board!
Using an approach that is flexible and entrepreneurial, Boardvisory’s team has extensive boardroom experience – as well as coaching experience in the boardroom.
Leading from the Boardroom
Our niche framework has been designed by experienced board directors, who recognise the unique demands of board directors’ duties and relationships. This is how we are able to create transformative value for boards and stakeholders.
BOARDROOM COACHING IS DIFFERENT TO EXECUTIVE COACHING
Boardroom coaching is a niche offering by skilled and qualified professionals with experience in Board governance and proven competence in coaching.
A Boardroom coach has a professional qualification of coaching and has passed a globally recognised coach knowledge assessment and has demonstrated competence in coaching. A Boardroom coach also has a professional qualification or certification from an internationally recognised governance body.
Boardroom coaching is a type of coaching practice regulated by professional bodies with codes of ethics.
The Boardroom of the future requires an evolving set of competencies and behaviours for board directors.
Why are some board meetings effective and others not? How does a board director’s belief system influence their decision-making? How does a board effectively navigate different individuals’ thinking and communication styles?
A board simulation with Boardvisory allows you to identify developmental areas, and increase your knowledge, confidence and capabilities in the boardroom. It’s a small but powerful step in your boardroom journey.
Joining a new board can be a daunting experience with many unexpected challenges. Understanding which competencies are needed and how to use them effectively is critical to your development as a Board Director.
Executive Directors are often the interface between the board and the organisation. Having the skills, knowledge and tools to get the most from your board is critical to its effective decision-making, and to your professional development.